Question
Posted by: Jen | 2011-04-05

Medical Aid

My husband is busy filing for divorce and he has now told me that he is taking me of the medical aid as of end of April. Can he do this before the divorce is final (I have not yet been served papers) or can he only remove me once divorce is final

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Obviously he should not have done that but until an agreed settlement is in place it is hard to control what support should remain in place. If you do not agree to this and feel that it is a support that should remain in place, you should apply for a rule 43 wich will put in place an interim support until a settlement has been agreed on.

All the best
SADSA