Question
Posted by: Lila | 2009-10-08

Medical aid

I just found out that I' m pregnant, and although it was not planned, hubby and I am happy. The problem now is, I am on the most basic Hospital PLan medical aid, i think the Essential Care which does not cover a lot, but I will switch to a better one in December to be active in January. But now I hear that Discovery won' t pay for my gynea appointments or any test that should be done because I fell pregnant during the year while not being on a decent medical cover. Is this true? So what about all the other women who is not even on a medical aid and that fall pregnant? Do they have the money to pay for all this? Please help, I' m very unsure.

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

2
Posted by: lolo | 2009-10-09

I don' t have medical aid but i fell pregnant and now I have a five months old and we aredoing just fine.You dont have to have medical aid for everything to be OK.Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.

Reply to lolo
Posted by: wendy | 2009-10-09

Lila join Fedhealth asap and sighn a two year contract, they took my daughter in with open arms and were fantastic!!!!

Reply to wendy