Posted by: annie | 2009-09-08

medical aid

Hi Doc, this is just a quick question on your opinion. I am being retrenched as of the end of November and this has caused us to leave the medical aid. I' ve been browsing the internet and can' t quite find a medical aid with the same benifits as we have at the moment. The dependants are my husband and myself and our budget is less than R2000 a month. What is your opinion on the best value for money medical aid at the moment?

Dear Annie
Try to talk to a medical aid broker - they need to take your health and family history and area where you live etc into consideration. The cheaper but still good medical aids are Bonitas and Bestmed although most other more expensive medical aids like Discovery has cheaper packages.
Also look on the health 24 website under medical aids.

Posted by: K | 2009-09-08

Phone Glopin Healthcare Consultants on 021 914 1854, they are medical aid brokers and im sure they will be able to find a scheme with comprehensive cover for less than R2000.

Reply to K