Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2009-02-05

Medical Abortion - HELP

Hi there,

I think I am 5 weeks pregnant, I have read that there are pills you can take instead of a surgical abortion. Where can I get these from as side for a gynaecologist?

You have to go to a gynaecologist or a clinic such as Marie-Stopes.

11
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-06

Sammy,

I see u basically made up your mind. But im hoping that i could persuade you not to do it! Thing is...(and pls don' t judge me) i had an abortion 2 years ago. And believe me when i say... You DON" T get over it! I still cry myself to sleep, i still cry to have my baby back! Right now, i so desperately want to have a baby, i' m in a loving relationship now. We' ve been trying for more than a year now and nothing. I' m sad beyond words. Don' t take away the precious life God has blessed you with. I do believe that somehow God will provide. He will always make a way. Once you have that baby in your arms, everything will be okay, you Will be a great mother!!! I just know it. Keep the faith, God Loves You and will not Forsake You! I wish i had clung to those words back then... would' ve saved me a lot of heartache! Im begging you, please DON" T!!!

Posted by: T | 2009-02-06

I Sammy. I know that your mind is made up and that we might not make you change it, but it is worth a try. The one thing we promise ourselves is that we will never have a child until there is enough money, but truth be told, there is never enough. We dont want to put our children through what we were put through, but because you went through the tough times, etc, you will do your damndest to make it better for your child. Please dont say that you are not mother material. We all are, we just choose whether to follow those instincts or not. At least consider carring the child full term and giving it up for adoption or something. If i am not mistaken there is a little money involved in something like that and then at least maybe you can get a little sumthing to build up on or pay off some debt ... ... or maybe even you and your husbands minds will change. Please, whatever you do though, dont just take the pills. Go to a government hospital or clinic and they do the abortions. You have to be cleaned out properly when you go through something like that. Take care and good luck with your decision.

Reply to T
Posted by: KP | 2009-02-06

Sammy, please dont go through with this. God will provide. Trust in Him. There is a reason he chose to bless u and your hubby with this baby. Please believe in his word.

Reply to KP
Posted by: Sammy | 2009-02-06

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your support and prayers. I am married and this was not planned. my husband and I have thought a lot about this and although it was a painful decision, it is for the best. We really don’ t have the money to have a baby  right now we can barely even pay our bills on time. Aside for that, I am not mother material. I already resent falling pregnant cos it was not planned and I know if I have this baby I will never be able to give it the love it really deserves.
My husband grew up in a home where there was never enough. Even basic necessities were considered a luxury to him. Between his brothers and sisters they had to always deny themselves because they never wanted to ask for anything, even school clothes. He eventually took on far too much when he was far too young and this is still affecting his life.
As for me, I grew up with a mother who never really cared. We were all burdens to her, something she never wanted but had. She has never given us the love and caring a child required and even though my eldest sibling is now almost 40, she still carries this pain around. We all do in someway or another. I know the scars she has left in all our lives and I will not do it to someone else.
This is a decision we have already made. Thank you for your prayers but sometimes I wonder if he listens at all… 

Reply to Sammy
Posted by: s | 2009-02-05

I will also be praying for u. Don' t

Reply to s
Posted by: wvw | 2009-02-05

Thank you for the pray you gave we all apreciat what you said because it is so true

Reply to wvw
Posted by: FTM | 2009-02-05

Jooles, that was beautiful... :o)

Thinking of you Sammy, we are all here if you want to chat!!!

26Weeks today.

Reply to FTM
Posted by: Jooles | 2009-02-05

Father, I ask in the precious name of Jesus that you will grant this lady wisdom to make the right decisions. She didn' t plan for this to happen, but it did and so Father, I pray that you will make her realise that a baby is a gift from you. Only you know the plans you have for her and your word says in Jeremaih that they are plans to prosper her and not to harm her. I pray that you will remove the doubt and confusion that she is experiencing and replace it with hope and wisdom. Send people into her life to support her during this pregnancy and Father, we thank you so much for this precious child growing inside of her. Bless them both.
In Jesus mighty name, Amen

Reply to Jooles
Posted by: Think before you do it | 2009-02-05

Following up on Momtoefe' s post, the baby' s daddy and I are now engaged, I manged to get an amazing job (something that I would never have even tried to get had I not had my son to provide for) and I am happier than I have ever been in my life! May you find the strength to think clearly and make an informed decsion not based on any pressure from anyone else

Reply to Think before you do it
Posted by: momtoefe | 2009-02-05

Please don' t don' t do it!!!!!!!!! keep the baby,the good Lord will provide.Don' t do something you' ll end up regretting,there' re millions of women out there who which they had just one baby,you may not know the implications now,i beg you don' t kill an innocent soul.

Reply to momtoefe

Hi Sammy

First of all i' m not judgying you - I have been in a situation where I also was pregnant, not able to afford a baby and also my parents are very religous, I was only dating the guy for 4 months and didn' t feel ready for a baby - I had my LB who is now 4 months old... I would not change anything for the world. You' re baby will love you unconditionally, they won' t care what you look like, how much money you make or what car you drive... all they want to do is love you and be loved... Please re consider your decision

You can get the pills from the marie stopes clinics but most of the time the chemical abortions don' t always work and you have to have the surgical one anyway

Think carefully because you' re little fetus already has a heart beat and there is a reason you got pregnant and a reason that you were intrusted to be part of this miracle of life

Reply to Think before you do it