Question
Posted by: mickey | 2012/01/12

medcation

Dear Dr

My husband takes, Venlor XR 75mg X 1 in the morning along with 2 Adco Alzams 1mg, he has been smoking weed for years but these last few weeks just can not get an erection which is frustrating for both of us. He has only been taken the meds for about a month.

Sorry forget to mention he also takes Arcoxia 60mg,tramadol 50mg and lots of still payne.

Could these be causing problems he is only 47 years of age.

Weed is just not good for brains, especially not for bruised or vulnerable brains. Your husband needs a thorough and careful assessment by a good psychiatrist ( thus medically qualified as well as understanding the psychological elements in the situation ).
Such complex situations should NOT be managed entirely by any GP. I am wondering why he is on lots of Stillpayne ( which can cause dependency ) and treamadol, which is a strong painkiller. Chronic pain often in itself interferes with sexual function. Arcoxia (etoricoxib)is an antiinflammtory painkiller used for chronic arthritis. Note that it has NOT been approved for use in America due to concerns about its risks, and I personally would be hesitant to take it.
And Venlor certainly can cause interference with sexual function, too.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2012/01/12

Simple answer - yes. It could be the Venlor, or even the combination of drugs in his system. Perhaps he should see his prescribing doctor again to change his meds. Did a psychiatrist prescribe the medication? Or a GP? Because if it''s a GP, he honestly needs to see a psychiatrist who will have much better idea at what medications and what combination of medications can cause problems.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza