Question
Posted by: Lindi | 2009/10/22

med lemon

Every time I get sick people tell me to use Med Lemon. I live in a town where the closest pharmacy is 200km' s away so over the counter stuff is often all that is available. I have never felt particularily better after drinking the stuff and although I know it cant make me better if the cold is too far I still expect it to make me feel better. The ingredients state that it had vitamin C, paraceatamol and caffiene in. If this is all it has how can it then possibly be as effective as people say it is. Is it worth taking? Or is it just a placebo?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Lindi

Dont under-estimate the power of Vit C, Paracetamol and Caffeine - It does a lot in making you feel better when you have cold and fly symptoms. Many OTC outhere contains these and its effects are definitely not placebo only.
Paracetamol relieves body aches and fever, while caffeine in these type of products will generally help you to feel "better" and often really helps. Vit C when you are run down is always advised.

Ingredients such as a decongestant and an antihistamine which are found in some stronger and scheduled OTC preparations may make it a tad "stronger", but the med-lomon is a decent start!

3
Posted by: Sooo | 2015/04/06

Yah ne

Reply to Sooo
Posted by: John | 2009/10/23

Lindi
You can order meds from Springbok Pharmacy online!
Springbokpharmacy co za

Reply to John
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/10/23

Hi Lindi

Reply to pharmacist