Question
Posted by: del | 2010/10/13

MEATBOLISM

Hi there Doc

How can I spead up my metabolism? I suffer from constipation and I think that is why my weight loss is so slow.

what can I do or use?

Dear Del
There is a difference between speeding up your metabolism and counteracting constipation. For constipation you need to increase your dietary fibre intake (click on 'Diet n Food' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as Medicine' and read the 'Healthy colon' section to obtain information about dietary changes and the use of probiotics like Bifidoflora, which you can buy at health shops), drink 2,5 litres of liquid (not more, as excessive water intake is also not healthy) a day and do regular exercise. To stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss, you need to do at least 30 min of aerobic exercise a day (e.g. skipping, brisk walking, swimming, cycling, etc). The daily exercise will, therefore, help for the weightloss and the constipation.

1

Dear Del