Question
Posted by: Jolani Badenhorst | 2009-11-07

Measurements

hello there

i am 21 years old....currently weighing 67kg. I am 1.76m tall.

I want to persue a career in modeling,. they told me that i should lose some weight first. I want to know, for my length ...what should my ideal measurements (the lowest i can go) and weight be ??

Have a blessed evening.

Jolani :)

Dear Jolani
Your present BMI = 21,6 which is just below 22, the number that is regarded as ideal for adult women. I understand that you want to be a model and that the unscrupulous modelling agencies are going to put pressure on you to lose more and more weight until you are skin and bone - a clothes hanger in fact. If your BMI drops below 18 you will become anorexic, so I would advise that you try for a BMI of 20 which means weighing 62 kg. Do NOT reduce your weight below this BMI as it puts you at risk of an eating disorder and can ruin your health. No job is worth this type of sacrifice. Rather do plenty of cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling, rowing or spinning so that your body is beautifully sculpted without any bones sticking out.
Please try to find a balance between the demands of the modelling industry and good health.
Take care and good luck with your career

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-09

Dear Jolani