Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/10/26

Measles outbreak

Hi I have a relative coming out from Germany who will be 6 months pregnant. She is concerned with the recent measles out break and the risk involved. She apparently had a booster in Australia last year but was recently tested in Germany and was told that she is not immune to rubella. She would rather not come if the risks are too high. Would like your thoughts on this

Measles and rubella are different. Measles is not a big risk to a pregnancy whereas rubella is.

3

Posted by: LOL | 2009/10/26

I am 30weeks preggies my 5yr old had a measles shot when he was about 2yrs but he got it again now its about 5 weeks ago, i took him to the dr for a shot again his okay, i aws worried that i was in danger as well and the my unborn but no we fine

Reply to LOL