Question
Posted by: Kay Stoler | 2009-10-14

MEASLES - INJECTION

My son s school have advised via SMS that it is compulsory for them to have the measles injection. If he had this as a baby (he is now 17) is it necessary for him to have another one and can the school force me to give my consent by making it compulsory.

Thanks, Kay

Hallo Kay
They can't force your child to get a vaccination. However, since September we have seen a 10 fold increase in measles infections, and it can be a very dangerous disease as patients could develop a type of viral pneumonia or brain infection. It won't do harm to get a measles booster injection.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-10-14

Hallo Kay

Reply to cyberdoc