Question
Posted by: Jeanette | 2009/11/22

Measles

Hi. Due to immune deficiency, when i contracted mumps a few years ago, i lost hearing in my one ear. i am 42. I have had bronchitis the last week and my 12 year old daughter has just developed measles. What can i do to prevent getting it?

Jeanette

Jeanette

Measles is a viral infection caused by droplet distribution. There is no medication that you can take to prevent you from contracting measles. You can however try to increase your immunity by taking Vitamin C supplements, as well as Zinc, Royal jelly, Vitamin B Complex and Cod Liver Oil.

Direct close contact with your daughter should be avoided, until she has completely recovered.