Question
Posted by: SJ | 2011/01/13

Meaning

Hello Doc,

I don''t know if you deal with such things but I wonder if you could shed some light on a dream I had. It''s quite a simple one:

I was in an enclosed area with places to hide and obstacles, much like in a zoo, and I was being chased by two huge polar bears. The only reason why I''m asking what this meant is because in my dream and even afterwards, I enjoyed the excitement of the chase and the thrill that it presented.

Thanks,
SJ

Firstly, contrary to popular belief, most dreams have little or no meaning, being like the temporary paterns that might occur among files when your computer hard drive defrags. Recurring dreams which are distresing may be more significant, perhaps reflecting current concerns of yours, and usually not in a deeply disguised fashion.
As the content is often illogical, enjoying the experience of being chased, as you would surely not feel in real life, isn't surprising.
Ever noticed that while we obviously see things in dreams, we generally don't smell or taste things ? Sometimes we might think we do, because in the dream we KNOW something has a smell or taste, but we don't experience it.

1