Question
Posted by: Beetjie | 2010/06/10

Meal Replacements

I rarely have time to eat because of my busy schedule. A lot of days I''m stuck in meetings the whole day and it''s sometimes not practical to eat at the boardroom table. Sometimes I only have a " Cup-a-Soup"  for the whole day. At the end of the week I''m so exhausted I can hardly get out of bed.

My question is this: Are meal replacements a healthier option as opposed to barely no eating. If so, which one would you recommend that have the most nutritional value?

Gotta run
Beetjie

Dear Beetjie
No one can fulfill a busy schedule on only a cup of soup for lunch. Ideally you should eat a balanced meal for lunch containing protein, low-GI starches and fruit/vegetables and a dairy product like yoghurt. In your case, however, it may be an option to use a liquid meal supplements such as Nutren or Peptamen which are produced by Nestle and contain all the nutrients you require for a full meal.

1

Dear Beetjie