Question
Posted by: tanya | 2010/11/02

MEAL REPLACEMENT

Hello Doc

can you advise on a good meal replacement that I can have for breakfast only. I am currently taking Nutriten Active, but I do not think that it has fibre and protein. It is more of an energy boost I think. I am trying to loose weight and I really do not like eating cereals and do not have much time in the mornings to prepare breakfast. The rest of the day is ok, I have my lunch and supper with fruit and vegetables.
Thank you Doc.

Dear Tanya
You can ask your chemist about products like Nutren fibre, which is a liquid meal supplement. Otherwise there are products like Bokomo's Up 'n Go, which you can purchase in the cereal aisles in the supermarket for a fast breakfast that is relatively well balanced and contains some fibre.
Yoghurt with fruit is also an option, use the low-fat variety if you are slimming.

1

Dear Tanya