Posted by: kiki | 2009-03-04

meal planning for 2 year old

Hello Doc,

My daughter is 2.5years old. I feed her what we eat and I try to cut down on the cola' s and the sweets. I make sure she has her breakfast cereal in the morning - she only eats pronutro and won' t consider anything else. She is at nursery school most of the day where I know that until 5 her diet needs are taken care of. My problem is that I am not sure if I am giving her what she needs in terms of nutrition. is there a meal planner / guide that i could find somewhere on the net ? One that is reasonable. I have seen some meal planners in magazines that i would never be-able to stick to.

Maybe you can give me the most important aspects of a daily diet for a toddler. I' m not asking the paeditrician cause they also have very high ideals that for the working mom is not always practical.

Dear Kiki
If you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and search around article 65 you will find a whole series of articles on 'Diets for Toddlers' plus one article on 'Menus for toddlers' and ideas for health snacks, etc.
Hope this helps