Question
Posted by: Isabella | 2011/01/10

meal plan

I have a daughter ,who is 14 and obese.Her blood type is A positive and i need a meal plan for lunch box and everything.Please help.

Dear Isabella
I am not convinced that the blood diets are based on sound scientific principles. If your 14-year-old daughter is obese, it is essential that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a slimming diet for your daughter that helps her to lose weight, but still contains all the foods she needs for normal growth and development. Experts agree that physical activity is one of the most important factors in helping youngsters to lose weight, so please assist you daughter to become more active. She can go for walks, swim, cycle or join a gym or Walk for Life to ensure that she does at least 30 min or more of aerobic exercise a day. As she loses weight she can exercise more actively and for longer periods.
But please take her to see a dietitian ASAP.

1

Dear Isabella