Posted by: Susan | 2012-11-18

Me again - Query

Hi Cyber Shrink, Sorry me again. So i am starting my 4th week on Zoloft. (3rd week on 50mg). I have noticed that I am getting as what I can descibe best as " Hot flushes" . I went to the hospital last night, and my blood preassure, heart rate and fever was all fine, my blood suger and ECG was all normal and a physical was done and all checked out fine. I am currently awaiting the result of a d dimer blood result that was done last night. Could it be possible that this is just a side effect of the zoloft that i am experiencing now? according to the doctor at the hospital it might just be that as the meds is now starting to settle in my system? if you could possible please give me some advise. Thank you so much. Susan.

Hi Susan,
I've never heard of the d dimer test you mention, but the others suggest that all is physically OK. The odd sensations that have alarmed you may well be due to side-effects of the drug as your system adjusts to it. I cant remember whether your prescription was from a psychiatrist or a GP. COmplications of any sort with depression and its treatment are beyond the capacity of most GPs, so if it was a GP, see a psychiatrist for a re-assessment of you, your reaction to this drug, and alternatives ( there are so many alternatives, and Zoloft has no outstanding advantages compared with the others, and none at all compared with the cheaper and equivalent generic forms of the same drug. If it was a Psychiatrist, call and discuss this with him or arrange to see hom for a re-assessment. It is an ESSENTIAL part of any properly professional consultatiopn to discuss the recommended drug and its possible side-effects fully with a patient and to make sure the person understood fully what was said.

Posted by: Jailyn | 2012-11-27

HHIS I should have thuohgt of that!

Reply to Jailyn