Question
Posted by: Red | 2009-09-18

Me again CS

Hello CS

Just a follow up on my intereview I went to during the week.

First of all the position was only made available in Friday' s local newspaper. I e-mailed my CV on Monday and on Wednesday they phoned for an interview the same day.

They have offered the position of legal secretary to me which I have turned down. CS I don' t have any regrets about it. I have had a loooooooong discussion with my boss and told her about the other job. I think she realises just how much I mean to her and the company. She gave me a bit of praise by telling me I have more common sense than most and I know how to use my discretion. I have now told her I want more responsibility. She has also mentioned her personal life and how she has been running around.. She realises she has neglected me since we both work one on one and I am not alway busy. Options of hiring someone else to be with me in the office are on the cards. I think this will be great. I will follow through because what some people say and do are two different things.

CS I know I may have come across as ungrateful but it' s just in me to want to make something out of my life. I know I won' t be in the same company forever because I' m still young but I want to make the most of what I do in this life.

I also feel as though not many people applied for this job. I was only expecting to hear from them only next week.

Anyway.... In the meantime I need to rethink over a lot of things I have said.

Thank you for all the advice.

Thanks for the follow-up. I hope you have made the right decision, and that ypour boss will carry through on the possibilities mof improving your current situation in several ways. I don't see you as coming across as ungrateful in any way, anywhere. Bonelina's comments arfe worth taking seriously.

2
Posted by: Bobelina | 2009-09-18

1. No boss really cares about you. The day you leave they are glad they got out of you what they could for the price as the next person WILL cost them more than you did. So look after yourself.

2.No working relationship is the same after your boss has found out you were looking for another job - so be carefull.

3. You are not always busy? But there is an option of hiring someone else ? Because?

It seems like you are bored at work and you are looking for a friend to talk to. Why not get more busy, do the work this person would do and ask for a raise?

Reply to Bobelina
Posted by: Bobelina | 2009-09-18

Reply to Bobelina