Question
Posted by: R | 2012/08/19

Me again

Hi CS,
Thank you for your response on my post 604. You definitely helped put my mind at ease re the 5yr old. He doesn''t seem to miss his dad terribly, and on Friday evening even commented it''s ''peaceful and quite''. I laughed, but said nothing. There are times when he talks about his dad, some things they did together, and this is when I feel bad. As much I spend really good quality time with him there is only so much time to do anything more.
I must admit his dad did do things with him, like playing age inappropraite games with him, always with hubby getting frustrated in trying to explain things to him. I would intervene when I could see my child was also getting frustrated, but more often I tried not to, as I believe hubby was trying to spend quality time with him. And this led to frustration on my part too, just listening.
One of the things that use to grate me was the TV being on constantly, and really loud. I''m not sure if I have sensitive hearing, or hubby hearing was affected from being in construction, with all the noise, but that would put me in a mood altogether.
The weekend was really great, I worried over nothing really. Just spending the time with my little ones. Today we went to the flea-market, and the 5yr old had so much fun. Only after his bath and supper I wondered if he was missing his father because he was quite, but I''m hoping he was just tired.
Secretly I am enjoying myself just with it being me and the kids. I find I am more relaxed than I''ve been in a long time. I feel I am really starting to enjoy my baby, and he seems to be ''seeing'' me for the first time. He isn''t settled at night yet, but I''m hoping he will soon.
I am really enjoying my older child too. I listen to him more, we talk more, the TV is on only at certain times.
As much as I am enjoying being in control now, I am also annoyed at hubby as he seems to be on vacation as they''ve not started work yet. While I have all the responsibilities and daily pressure of meeting my professional, and personal demands.

Dont let yourself feel bad at such moments - yopu don't deserve to do so, and it isn't helpful for the boy when you do so. All any of us can do, is our best.
Tired kids tend to be quiet ( fortunately !)
Sounds like inceasing good things happening between you and the kids - great !

1