Question
Posted by: boo786 | 2012/05/10

me again

Yo doc! Home you doing well just a quick question I''m day 16 on cymbalta 60mg let me tell you that I''ve had no panic attacks but I''ve been on edge as in paranoid and aware? A possible noradrenalin effect right?????? Anyways not to happy with the drug especially since I basically came back from a dinner tonight and required my asthma reliever, I hardly ever take it anyway so I took a puff of ventolin inhaler about an hour later I''m sitting and my heart starts to have ectopic beats I jumped up my anxiety set it immediatly! Can the cymbalta in my system and the effect of ventolin cause this? I do get ectopic beats but not ectopic beats in a row I freaked out! My doc had decided to move me to 30mg cymbalta and 25 mg of aropax CR in an attempt to move me away from cymbalta as I don''t think its the right drug for me 16 days is enough to withdraw this drug! The clinical trials state it has a fast onset of action my-|-coz its 16 days and bullshit is what cymbalta has given me! Cymbalta is strictly to be used in depressed patience that''s just my opinion

Yo boo. Sometimes, even if you're at a decreasing level of risk of further panic attacks, i a sense you could be more wary and expectant of them, as though if one happened it'd mean the treatment wouldn't be working ( which would be an unfair conclusion to draw ). Noradrenaline might contribute to it.
And of course ignorance truly can be bliss, and when one combines the increased knowledge that comes from researching such a topic, with increased self-vigilance, its hard to evaluate any symptoms entirely objectively.
Ventolin alone can cause ectopics or variation in heart rate, even without Cymbalta. And anxiety, when one notices such a possibility somewhat increases the likelihood of it. DId you never ever experience any change in heart beat after Ventolin, before this ? You mention that you do get ectopic beats, just that this seemed like a few more than usual ? DO, of course, discuss this with your prescribing shrink.
Other factors contribute to extopics, such as smoking, and alcohol. However, Cmbalta can cause faster pulse rate, and ectopics or palpitations in around 2 % of those who take it.
A combination of Cymbalta and Aropax is more unusual, but I gather from you this is a temporary overlap in switching from the one to the other.
OK, Cymbalta does seem to suit you, for whatever reason, but at least it has shown that ADs can control your panic attacks.

1