Question
Posted by: me | 2012/04/24

me

i went for a lapscope and dnc and was told my tubes are blocked with toxic fluid. Is Hytrosalpinogram(dye) HSG the other option to get them unblocked? How effective is it?

Dear Me

A HSG is a procedure to check if the fallopian tubes are blocked or not. It is not a procedure done to unblock tubes and therefore not effective. Your doctor would be able to tell you after having done the laparoscopy whether the fallopian tubes are repairable or not. This however has to be done surgically either via a laparoscopy or a laparotomy.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo