Question
Posted by: hi | 2010/12/02

me

I have been coughing for two months and doctors have given me antibiotics which helps only when the medication is finished i start coughing again. i recently moved into a house where the carpet is fixed and i am a smoker so i was wondering could this be the cause of me coughing. i also feel tired and get chest pain when i cough to much. could this be an allergy? or is this TB i am not coughing blood or anything and the nurse that examined me said there is no heaviness to my chest. So what you think doc.

Hallo Hi
Coughing for two months does not sound to me like a "normal" chest infection and I think you should maybe have a chest x/ray done. If you are still coughing up phlegm you may need to send a sample to the lab to test for TB and bacteria. If you are short of breath, a lungfunction test may be needed. You could also be allergic to dust mites or something in the house (they can check with IGE blood test)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/02

Hallo Hi
dr Bets