Posted by: Antibiotic? | 2009-12-19

Please can you advise if it is best I see a dr for an antibiotic or rather wait it out.
I am trying to conceive and have just finished my first course of clomid - I have a problem with fertility and ovulation. Having just finished the 5 day course, I am now due to ovulate and the next few days should be my most fertile but I seem to have developed a throat infection. My tonsils look swollen and there are what look like white blisters on the side of my throat. I have had fever but that seems to have settled and all round I feel ok just have this annoying swelling in my throat which is making swallowing uncomfortable.
I am worried the infection is going to have a negative effect on my hopeful conception and I am also worried that taking medication might stay in my system and effect a possible new pregnancy.
Do you think my throat will heal on its own or do I need and antibiotic? I have not been on an antibiotic in more than 10 years so I would prefer to not?

Consult your doctor in order for him/her to do an examination and a throat swab to eliminate a strep throat. If you do have strep throat (bacterial infection), it will be best to treat the infection with the appropriate anti-biotics. In the interim, you can use Locobiotil spray to ease your symptoms and hopefully help to clear the infection.

A short course of anti-biotics will not effect the embrio.