Question
Posted by: Thabitha | 2012/03/09

McDonald operation

I had a baby girl in 2003, normal delivery but was torn bcos i was supposed to have had a caesar. i then had a miscariage in 2008 trisomy 16(girl), again in 2010 trisomy 16 (boy). Husband and i tested for chromo abnormality, the lab found out we are negative (clean). now in 2012 im 7 weeks pregnant, had a threatening miscarriage last week on 5 march. Dr prescibed ultrogestan. My concern is this baby is normal and why cant my dr recommend a McDonal operation.

The McDonald procedure is done if you have an incompetent cervix. Your miscarriages were most likely related to the chromosome abnormality not an incompetent cervix.

1