Question
Posted by: kj | 2012/09/11

m/c please help

the 1st day of my last period was 1/6/12 felk pregnant was about 9,5 weeks along when i had missed carriage on the 07/08/12 after 10 days of bleeding and abdominal pain... Today is 35 days after the m/c haven''t had a period or any period like symtoms... Could i be pregnant again? What are the chances and what are the hazards involved in falling pregnant straight after a missed carriage?

Dear kj
There are two possibilities, which both need to be investigated. In the one instance, prolonged return to normal cycle may be a direct result of your recent pregnancy, and given time this problem should naturally correct itself. The other possibility is that products of conception or hormonal changes of pregnancy persist, or a mono pregnancy has developed and this will need at least an ultrasound scan and a couple of blood test to rule out. In any event I would strongly recommends that you visit your gynaecologist as soon as possible. I am not certain whether a D&C was done (a womb clean up) and this should definitely be looked at by your gynaecologist.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/09/20

Dear kj
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert