Posted by: Brahm Meyer | 2012-05-31

Maybe Pregnant

My 6 month old Jack Russel which is 10 days in its heat broke out and was found hour later playing with bigger male dog, is there a chage she might be pregnant and if so, will spaying her 2 weeks after her heat is over prevent any unwanted pregnancy, or if not what must I do as I do not want her pregnant?

PS, we live in Zambia and good vet cre is 3 hours away, but do have a vet come up to us once a month.

Hi Brahm
There is every possibility that your JR has been covered. If you do not want the pregnancy then you may get the vet to spay her once she comes out of heat. Alternatively, you can use an injection to abort the pregnancy. Please discuss the matter with your vet.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell