Posted by: Jenna | 2012-10-09

Maybe low iron absorption?

Hi Doc,

I have written before re my low iron. When I had it tested last year, it was standing at 4.5. I was put on an iron suppliment, which I have been mostly good at taking (every now again, not weekly but maybe once or twice a month I forget to take for a night or two, but I have definitely been taking more than NOT taking).

Anyway, it''s now coming up to a year since I''ve been on the pills and while I did feel better initially, I am back to the stage where I am falling sleep at 20:00 at night.

Could my iron absorption be low, and how do I fix this? Would I benefit from iron injections?

I think that you should consult your doctor for special tests to evaluate if you absorb iron through your gut. It is possible that your iron levels are low but the cause for your recurring low iron levels has to be found.