Question
Posted by: William | 2011/08/31

Maybe I feel better if I post this.....

I know I’ m not the only one that feels like that but I right now I can truly say that I don’ t feel a need for me in the society –  I’ ve been on anti depression medication for a while, and as most of the users picked up a lot of weight. I don’ t sleep well, have a lot of stress at work and with my studies and just don’ t feel comfortable in the space I am right now. I recently joined a new company, and I know this is also causing me to be stressed, but I enjoy it at the new work, enjoy the new crowd but there is just this feeling deep in me that doesn’ t make me happy in the mornings to go to the office - maybe because I don’ t sleep well I am always tired.

I am this bitter person these days –  don’ t want to socialise with my friends anymore and decided not to be in contact now –  my exams are coming up at the end of September so I easily use the excuse that I am busy with my studies

Well I actually don’ t know why I am writing this as I don’ t expect any replies –  maybe by just expressing my feelings will make me feel a bit better.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so gloomy, Will. I'm sure there ARE good reasons for you to remain in society ! It doesn't sound as though you're on the best treament plan for your depression yet, if you hacve been taking the antidepressants for more than a couple of weeks ( as they take some time to demonstrate their full potential benefits ).
Sleep problems are often a part of depression, and may take a while to improve. Depression can cause difficulties with concentration and study, and cause one to lose the degree of pleasure one usually would feel in whatever usually pleases you.
Personally, though I am sure that antidepressant meds can be really useful, I always prefer to see treatment include psychotherapy preferably of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) variety,as there are aspects of recovery, and unlearning the negative habits of thought and assumptions that are part of depression, which are much easier to eal with in CBT counselling.

2

Youa re not alone William. You are not alone. I dont sleep, I cant get up in the mornings, I abuse alcohol every chance I get and I also feel the anti depts do absolutely nothing for me. Its a pity therapy is so expensive, because It really did help when I coudl go regularly.

I often feel that, if I were to die right no, no one would miss me. It woudl be days before anybody found me. Nobody cares enough to worry where I am.

But, when my little boy tells me how much he loves and appreciates me, I hate myself for wanting to die and everything becomes worth it again.

I wish you luck. Hang in there, and vent all you like whenever you need to, because youa re not alone.