Posted by: Purple | 2012-09-04

Maxalt &  Cipralex follow up

Thanks for the information.

I''ve read the link (I had to google some of the medical terms, but I think I''m following).

I don''t seem to have the listed symptoms, but I''ve printed out and written onto the paper what I took and when just in case.

I did do some odd things yesterday - forgetting to pack socks for my sons sport (so he had to play soccer with shin pads, boots and no socks), and I have a stiff neck and back (still today) - but that just may be normal for mothers of toddlers and given that I have no other listed symptoms think I''m OK.

I took the cipralex in the morning and I took the Maxalt in the evening. I see that the time the drugs stay in the body might mean that this wouldn''t have been a help, but assume that as cipralex is taken 24 hourly and I took the maxalt at the 12 hour mark that I was half way between two doses and so it might have been at its lowest concentration in my body. (sjoe).

I''m not going to rush off to the doctor in a panic now, but at my next visit will definitely as for a different and more suitable migraine medicine to keep on hand for attacks. My migraines are really severe and I drool and appear to have something somewhere between a seizure and a stroke, so that, and the pain which is fairly similar to child birth (quite by accident I had drug free births), means that I am rather keen to halt an attack in progress when I get the aura (I always get an aura). THankfully I don''t get migraines often.

Thank you so much for your prompt and excellent help and sharing of information.

Thank you for the feedback. I think that you should consider consulting a neurologist to investigate your severe migraines, as there might be an underlying cause. It will be worth while to have an EEG done, to exclude the possibility of epilepsy.