Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2008-12-02

Maxalt

I get occassional migraines - always in exactly the same spot in the back of my head. The pain is extreme and ordinary painkillers dont help. A friend suggested (not sure of spelling) Maxalt? It is a wafer that helps for migraines? The pharmacist said you need a perscription for it. My GP is on study leave and I have never met her partner. How do I approach asking for a script from a doctor I have never met? Do you think this is a good option?

Dear BMJ
Just explain to her the headache - where it is and how it feels, if you have other symptoms with it, and how bad it is. She should not have a problem to help you