Question
Posted by: Shayne | 2010/10/06

Maternity leave (lesbians)

I would like know... I am a woman...if i go on maternity leave and my wife wants to be at home with me, can she apply for maternity leave aswell and for how long... how does the law cover us?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Maternity Leave (Lesbians)

You can only go on maternity leave if you are the birth mother. You can claim family responsibility leave as the spouse.

3
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010/10/18

re: Maternity Leave (Lesbians)

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Shayne | 2010/10/11

Reply to Shayne
Posted by: Purple | 2010/10/10

THe one who actually gives birth or has a c-section gets maternity leave for 4 months, or longer if company policay allows this. The other must take family responsibility leave for 3 days and then annual leave if desired.

For adoption it is likely that only one of you would get the maternity leave. If you work for the same empoloyer they might let you split it and take two months each.

Reply to Purple