Posted by: Seahorse | 2011-03-22

Maternity Leave / Annual Leave

I wonder if you can assist me. I am pregnant and am due mid to end August. I will be taking my maternity leave of 4 months unpaid from about the 15th August which means I am due back at work on the 15th December. However I work in the construction industry and our company closes from 15th December to 10th January so I will be off another month. Am I entitled to pay for this period as the company is closed and we normally have to take our annual leave at this time and get paid for this period.Would I apply for leave as 4mnths maternity and 1 month annual leave??? Please advise or point me in the right direction of where to find out the necessary information. Thanks!!!

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You are only entitled to the payment if in fact all the other staff get the payment.