Question
Posted by: Jingles | 2010/01/23

Maternity leave

I' m currently on maternity leave from 11 Jan - 11 May (4 full months where I have to claim UIF).
My employer is trying to force me to only come back on 1 June, as the only way they could get a replacement for me was to offer her the job until end May.
They will not pay me for May, and I obviously cannot claim uif for more than 4 months.
I made it clear to them I will be back on 11 May to resume my post, but they seem to be stubborn that I must only come back on 1 June. Who is right?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: MATERNITY LEAVE

You are entitled to go back to work on the 11th May otherwise they must pay you for the period until the 1st June.