Question
Posted by: Q | 2010-09-10

Maternity

Hi there, what is the protocol - how long does one have to work for a company before falling pregnant? I really want a baby, but have only worked for my present company since March this year. Maternity leave = 4 months unpaid leave.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: MATERNITY

Maternity leave is four months unpaid leave. Many company's have policies allowing for certain payments if you've been with them for a certain period of time. If you haven't filled that period of time within the company then it would be unpaid leave as per the Basic conditions of Employment Act.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010-09-16

RE: MATERNITY

Reply to Labour Lawyer