Question
Posted by: BB | 2011/06/26

Mastrubating Obsession

My husband has an obsession with mastrubation and I think porn as well. He was circumcised when he was about 4, I don''t know for what reason and he was repeatedly molested when he was about 12. I have a feeling that the fact that he was circumcised also has a influence. He knows that it is a problem and creates issues about other things to avoid the actual problem. He has been to a shrink but it is not doing anything. What can I do?

Dear BB.

I would strongly recommend that your your husband see a sex therapist. There are men who are circumcised in childhood who have no issue with it at all and there are men who do have an issue with this. There are often further underlying themes that contribute to it being an issue of concern that need further exploration.

Early childhood sexual abuse also impacts on the sexual development of the child and due to premature sexualisation the child may develop specific and unique sexual patterns and behaviours in response to this experience.

All of which will best be dealt with in sex therapy better than on a forum of this nature.

2
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/06/28

Dear BB.

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Manwood | 2011/06/27

So according to your logic all males who are circumcised are obsessed with masturbation?

Reply to Manwood