Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/21

Master Cleanse

I have read about the Master Cleanse detox - all the stars are doing it. From what i can gather you take lemon/lime juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup 3 times a day for 10 days with a mild diuretic (like herbal tea).
How does this work and what are the drawbacks?

Dear Anonymous
The Master Cleanse Detox is just a type of starvation diet which I cannot recommend. If you lose weight it will be due to the fact that your energy intake will be close to zero! Please be careful as you may suffer from low blood sugar levels and have fainting spells. This is not a solution to weightloss, just another fad diet.
Take care