Question
Posted by: JoelBarish | 2008/07/24

Masses of gasses

I' ve had a seious gas problem for a while now. I fart horribly and it smells like something from a horror movie. As I understand the topic of reducing gas, it' s a very dietary issue? I' m willing to cut my diet down to it' s very basics. Are there things I can eat without worrying about gas and then build up from there to see what the problem might be? I was thinking natural like brown rice, avo, banana, spinach etc. Is there some kind of medication I could try to reduce the gas? Oh, I almost forgot, what makes it a little more complicated is that I have a mekel' s diverticular. One last thing is how long should I try eating right / taking a form of medication before I should tell my Doctor to examine my poop?

Thanks for your assistance and your contribution to a great site that helps so many people.

JoelBarish

Hi Joel
Try taking Pancreoflat 3 times a day plus a probiotic.
Avoid gas forming foods like beans, leeks, onions, broccoli, cabbage or brusselsprouts
Ensure that your tummy works regularly by taking something like fybogel orange 3 times a week
see also : http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs12.htm