Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/09

Martenity Leave

When I got back from maternity leave I was told not to go to the division I used to work at. I was taken to another division and there the manager refused to accept me. I do no have the work station now. What procedure can I follow?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Maternity Leave

You need to declare a dispute with the Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) or the Bargaining Council if there is one in your industry, as soon as possible. This normally should be done within 30 days of you discovering the unfairness. An employer cannot change the terms and conditions of employment whilst you are away on maternity leave and unilaterly.