Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010-07-23

Marrying bipolar man

Good day, Is it Legal to marry a bipolar man. he was diagnosed with bipolar dissorder I and was not noted phycotic or manic,

I can't imagine any way in which it would be considered illegal to marry anyone with any psychiatric illness. The only possible medico-legal issue might be if someone was considered with some sound basis, to be actively psychotic, or extremely manic, to the point that they really could not understand what they were doing and what its implications were. Usually, this would be very obvious to their partner and the presiding official ; maybe the individual who found himself married like the guy who got married while profoundly drunk, might want to seek an annullment on such grounds. But I have heard of very few such cases
It sounds as though there could be an interesting story behind your question

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010-07-23

Why would it not be? It''s not like it is a crime to be bipolar, it''s an illness. I suggest you educate yourself thoroughly about the illness so that you truly understand what you are getting into BEFORE you get married. People with bipolar are not easy to have as partners, but they are perfectly legal.

Reply to Maria