Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2011-11-23

Marrital Problems

Last year I found out that my husband was having an affair and around the same time I discovered I was pregnant. At the time we were seeing a counsellor due to communication issues. He stopped going to the counselling sessions and asked me to lie and make excuses for him. He broke off the affair with the woman, but not immediately after the affair was exposed. He is still reluctant to see a counsellor and avoids discussing anything relating to our marriage. He would rather spend time at a golf course. We have not been intimate for almost a year now and I am not sure what to do.

His behaviour is seedy, very seedy. The affair was bad enough, but to sneak out of counselling which might have solved your shared problems, and even to ask you to lie about it ( he couldn't face telling the counsellor how he felt ? ) is pathetic. He prefers the golf course where nobody asks awkward questions or expects him to behave like an adult. Maybe you should consult a lawyer, and perhaps even the knowledge that you are might encourage him to take the marriage more seriously, and will enable you to explore whiat might become a wise option

2
Posted by: Honest Truth | 2011-11-23

As he will not attend councelling and prefers the golf course to spending time with you and his child l think the only option is divorce with a legal maintenance agreement.

Reply to Honest Truth