Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2010/07/09

Married to an Internet Game

Hi there,

My husband sits and plays an internet game for most of the day. We have a company together and work from home. The recession bit us hard and we had to downscale a lot. He said he is no longer going to work hard as he did not get anywhere before the recession hit. When I try to talk to him about it, he tells me at least he is not sitting in the bars all day. There is a chat site on this game and they talk about sex amongst other things....

Yesterday I was loading the truck, not a job for a lady. Today his " job"  was to take our son to school and buy electricity for the house from the Municipality. Is that work?!?

This is my second marriage and I don''t want my boys to grow up without a father, should I just let the phase go by?

Well, YOU may work from home, but it doesn't sound as though He works from home, or anywhere else. Or who pays him to play games all day ?
And its a feeble and odd game if it includes a chat room where they chat about sex- that sounds more like a bad habit than a game.
What makes you think this is a "phase" rather than a habit ? What makes you think it will fade away some time ? And if he is so wrapped up in his games and chats - how much of a father is he for the boys ? Its not that kids need a biological male siotting somewhere in the house, but rather a good role model who shows them most of the best things a man can be. Is he fit for that job ?
Could you persuade him to join you in some marriage counselling ?

1