Question
Posted by: Clare | 2010/08/17

Married man

Hi Cybershrink

I sent a purely biz e-mail and received a purely biz reply. The owner of the biz offered to collec the merchandise in question. Gave me all his details for our security staff i.e. vehicle etc. We never met but " spoke"  on E-mail (benign). Started to ask me out i.e. spend a day with him in the country. I replied if you are married or hitched I am not interested. Persisted and said he would answer all the questions over a drink. I declined. I said if you weren''t married you would have said so. Persisted. Finally I said I will meet you for a drink (my own car, my choice of venue) but not if you are hitched. I said if you are, this is goodbye. He responded with how he is married (described his wife and how G8 she is), said he had no ulterior motives and spending a day in the country is part of biz. I said to me its spending the day with a married man, I deserve better and so does your wife. Goodbye. Tell me Cybershrink, why do I feel so shite now. Why??? I feel sad. Its ridiculous isn''t it? And this man is well-known and so is his biz, all over the net with his photos if that matters. He also mentioned he would never leave his wife and accused me of being up to mischief???

What sort of biz is it where it requires married men to spend a day alone "in the country" with a woman they have only met my e-mail ? Its typical that a guy who is indeed up to mischief would accuse you of initiating the mischief. Maybe if he is so well-known, he assumes any woman would be desperate to spend a day with him - pleased you could remind him that this is not so.
Why you feel bad is harder to guess - what did you expect ? From the start you apparently had the wisdom to recognize he was on the make. Well done

1