Question
Posted by: SpongeBOB | 2010-10-18

married guy with female friends

I''m happilly married. But I do have females friends and one of them is a very good friend for about 10 years. My wife doesnt like her because we very close. She doesnt want to see her or me to speak to her. How can I solve this issue? I dont want to lose my wife or friend. I know my wife for 6 years, and married for 2.5 years. My friend is not my ex and I dont have a phyical relationship.

thanks

Sounds like it's not the woman herself who your wife doesn't like, but her closeness to you. From what you say, you already knew this woman for 4 years before you met your wife ( and your wife perhaps needs to remember that you chose to be with her, and not the other woman ).
Marriage counselling sounds like the most likely way to solve this problem. FAMSA can help you find a suitable counsellor in your area

6
Posted by: sheila | 2010-10-19

decide if your friendship with this woman is more important than your wife''s happiness. she can find other friends, are u willing to find another wife over this? Is she really worth all the arguments and anger u cause your5 wife, if yes go for it but also consider if u would genuinely be okay with your wife having a relationship that close to a man, will u be fine with that?

Reply to sheila
Posted by: SpongeBOB | 2010-10-19

hi all,

no she is not married or involve. She is my friend from campus.
My wife and I are close. My friend is not attractive for me to go out with but she is my friend.

Its very hard to loose a friend. I dont want to loose my wife.
Looks like i have to think about it again and speak to someone. Why can''t I have a close female friend?

Reply to SpongeBOB
Posted by: yy | 2010-10-19

What do you need this close friend for that you can''t get from the closeness with your wife? That''s if you are close to your wife. If you aren''t, maybe you should focus your energy on that relationship and not with your friend. That will make your wife more comfortable and trusting.

Reply to yy
Posted by: just saying! | 2010-10-18

You must decide what is important your marraige or your relationship with your female close friend, sorry it can never work in a marraige..
I understand where your wife is coming from , it only leads to trouble in the end and your female friend is she married or involve?

Reply to just saying!
Posted by: Gogo | 2010-10-18

What do u get from her, U will loose your wife.

Reply to Gogo