Posted by: Kay | 2009-02-19

Married and desperate for a child

We have undergone 3 attempts of conceiving with gynae assistance towards the end of last year (we had a miscarriage in 2007). Both me and my partner were on Fertomid 50 combined with ovridrel injection and still no luck. Undergone sperm test and I also had a lapscope done in 2005 which revealed that I had mild endometrisis however urologist and gynae concluded that we do not have an infertility problem and we should keep trying. Its almost 12 months in total of trying with no succeess I am even thinking a lot about artificial insemination lately but not sure what option is best and if we can afford it. What can the FS advise us to do next and how much will it cost roughly and does medical aid pay for such treatments?? By the way we live close to BIOART Brenthurst if I need to consult a FS Dr. Cassims rooms will be convinient for us.

Dear Kay

The positive part of all this is that you have had a miscarriage in 2007 that means you have the ability to conceive, in addition according to your gynaecologist and your urologist there are no major concerns regarding fertility. If after trying for 1 year and no conception has taken place spontaneously then the next option would either be artificial insemination on a natural cycle or on an induced cycle. Medical Aids do not pay for such treatments and the costs of a cycle of artificial insemination are in the region of between R1000 to R1500.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: Kay | 2009-03-11

Hi Dee

Thank you ever so much for the support and encouragement ladies it means so much for someone like me going through these trying times.

Reply to Kay
Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-11

I have been successful with dr dasoo and i agree that he is the best. He treats you like a person and he does what is best for you and not how much he can make from you. i was much more comfortable with him than dr cassim

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Kay | 2009-03-09

Hi There

Thank you for the encouraging responses I am now more hopefull than ever.. Gigi thanks a lot for your recommendation I certainly will make an appointment to see Dr Dassoo a.s.ap. Just as a matter of curiosity have you been sucessful ever since you have started consulting Dr. Dassoo???
Be blessed!!!

Reply to Kay
Posted by: GiGi | 2009-02-25

Hi Kay,

I can recommend you paying Dr Dasoo a visit at BioArt. He is a really great doctor. Very understanding and empathetic and he takes his time to explain everything to you and encourages you to ask questions. I started seeing him late last year. He is fantastic. My husband has been with me to other gynae apts in the past and he finds Dr Dasoo really great. He feels comfortable as well and always comments on the great care we receive. For once we have a doctor who is not waiting to get you out of his office and see to the next patient.

Reply to GiGi