Posted by: mv | 2009-06-05

marriage woes -HELP

I have been married for over 15 years and have two kids. My husband has not been working for a year. When the subject arise of him finding a job it leads to arguments. The situation is now so bad that we are constantly at each other throats. He regularly drinks with money I do not supply. He has obtained money from the family without my knowlege previuosly. My kids say it is more peacful without him being there. I have told him I want out and he said he will move out. However the week passed and he has made no attempt to go. Last night he got drunk again. We are speaking only when necessary. Should I allow this situation to continue? My kids suffer as they continually witness our arguments which stresses them out.

Unemployment is such a frequent and major marital stress, isn't it ? But if he is drinking ( which never helped anyone get a job ) and if you are not paying for that, one wories about whre he is geting that money from If his amily is giving im money to drunk with, that is unhelpful, and maybe they ought to provide him with accomodation with them, so at least they can experience the problem they are helping to cause. Witnessing such arguments is not good for the kids, nor is his situation of benefit to either of you.