Question
Posted by: Tony | 2008/10/21

marriage of doom

My parents have been married for more than 40yrs. The problem is out of 40yrs, the only time they enjoyed their marriege was the first 15yrs. For the past 10yrs or so, they have not shared a bed or been talking to each other even though they stay in the same house. I' ve advised my mother to divorce my father since she' s on pension now, but would not give answer back. She is frustrated in that marriege, but would not do anything about it. I am just scared that she will get a stroke or heart attack one day and we would be dealing with a more serious problem than now. Your advise would be greatly appreciated

I hear what you think best for them, but not what they think. I don't see why, if she has accepted this sub-standard marriage for 10 years or more, there should be any particular health risk attached to this. She sounds resigned to things being this way, and might be more stressed by the upheaval and un certainties of the changes you think would be beneficial. Many mariages subside into something far less than they once were, but both parties are content, and cease expecting anything more.

3
Posted by: Mabs | 2008/10/21

Me you are not thinking at all. i don' t think these people are your age at all,be careful when you make a comment this platform is for us to help each other not give negative answers like you are doing.

Reply to Mabs
Posted by: Me | 2008/10/21

People should stop getting married, Thats my answer to this nightmare

Reply to Me
Posted by: ME | 2008/10/21

Maybe they can go for marriage councilling. also pray about them and God will definately give them guidance.

Reply to ME