Question
Posted by: STEEL WIFE | 2011/05/18

MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE

MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE

I am 4 years in marriage its feels like jail, things had gone from bad to worse I am trying so hard to make things ok, but I am running out of strength,- We have communication problem, I almost do everything financially, My husband with his salary he can only pay his car the rest is on me, what make the matter worse , he invites his niece,(who is in university- to come and stay with us) who pays his fees I don''t know, this was not discuss with me, seeing that I bread winner, For me its so frustrating I see myself being stuck, I cant even pay for my studies, I feel not being appreciated at all ( I am not a controlling freak or bossy woman- I am humble and quite a lady) but sometimes I just feel like leaving and never comes back, instead being at work its better than being home. Please help

You should not be expected to pay everything in this family, without knowing exactly what he earns and how he spends it. He is surely not entitled to expect you to carry all the household expenses including sponsoring his niece, while he may even be paying her university costs, while you can't afford your own studies. Sounds like you may well be being exploited and used. Maybe consult a lawyer ( to check on your rights in relation to the way you were married ) and consider whether you would indeed be better off on your own, as it would be cheaper to pay for your own flat and expenses, than to also pay for him and his niece.

2
Posted by: ana | 2011/05/19

just stop doing everything...why dont u also just pay for ur car and leave it there. when he asks why there is no food or bills have not being paid, u say u do not have money and he should contribute to those things...u put urself in this situation, now get out, stop paying for everything, just stop!

Reply to ana