Question
Posted by: nightmare1 | 2008/10/01

MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE

I have been married for ten years now. My marriage as never been easy. My husband and i have always been at each others but we managed stay together. I think mostly because of my obligation to our children and I feel I don' t want to let our respective families down. we recently moved up to JHB, i agreed to do this because i thought being away from everyone would give us fresh start, it has only made it worst. I have landed a good secure job and feel that its time i move on. I don' t doubt my husband loves me and i do love him but not the way a wife should love her husband. I have tried to talk to him and he tries so hard but he is just not the man for me, I am definetly not sexually attracted to him, we have never had that passion in the bedroom, something i thought really never mattered. Besides that problem, he also tries to dominate me when i give him the chance. I have always accused him of emotional abusive. Am i being irrational, how would i know if i should stay and save this marriage or should i move on

Unless he will agree to join you in mariage counselling ( in which place maybe some of the probl;ems could be solved ) it sounds as though you may have reached the end of the road ; and it is usually no benefit to the children to remain exposed to an unhappy mariage. But why not try the counselling, which isn't dsigned to force you to stay to gether, but to either solve the soluble prob;lems, or at least to enable you to part better understanding what happened and better able to avoid similar relationship problems in future.

3
Posted by: Been There | 2008/10/02

It is easy to think that the easy way out is the best. It is not that easy in practical and real terms.

Counselling is the best option and the commit to devoting yourselves to it and to rescuing your marriage.

What I also find strange is how easy it becomes to spot the failure of one' s marriage when one has a better and secured paying job/career or new singl and free spirited friends. I wonder why is that.

Relationships and marriages are supposed to go through various phases and cycles. The worst being the Power Struggle phase. if you overcome that a consequent phase of matured love/relationship will follow.

Let that which God has created and blessed NOT be broken down by any lawyer, court of law or man.
Now you can go and kiss your husband

Reply to Been There
Posted by: ME | 2008/10/02

When you get married and take vows the vows dont say that you must stay even if youre being emotionally abused, or whatever the unbearable issues are that marriages go through. being unhappilly married,and in the process make your children suffer because of it doent make sense to me. If you think youre children will be better off when you two are apart, I cant see how it could be seen as wrong

Reply to ME
Posted by: EL | 2008/10/01

You can save your marriage and have the marriage you want. Go to " www (dot) savethemarriage (dot) com" . Don' t forget the promise you made him and God the day you got married.

Reply to EL