Posted by: Sindisiwe | 2009-03-30

marriage fallen apart

Dear Doc
My marriage has fallen apart because hubby (whom I love with all my heart) and I don' t see eye to eye. We were constantly arguing and couldn' t reach consensus on anything for the past 1 and half year. Been married for 3 years now. I am so so hurt, I have never felt such pain in my life, my heart is bleeding and torn apart. I can' t go on. I still want to mend things but he says he has had it, his heart will never forgive all the things I said to him during our quarrels.

PS - He does not believe in counselling.

How do I do on?

I'm alwasy puzzled by people who "don't believe in counselling" ---it's like not believing in surgery ; a dangerous prejudice if you develop appendicitis. Personal counselling can help you heal yourself and consider your options ; marriage counselling would be a grand idea, btu you can't do it alone. Could someone from your or his family possibly intervene usefully ?

Posted by: New Couople | 2009-04-17

Hello, we are a newly married couple and with interfering in-laws on his side it has falled apart. We both agree that we need to see a councellor. where do I find reputable one ?

Reply to New Couople