Posted by: bongix | 2009-03-26

How does one know that they are ready for marriage?
I broke up with a guy I dated for 9 years last year dec, we broke up because he did not want to commit (but he asked me to marry him before and I was not ready I thought we were too young, he was 20 and I was 18 and I felt like we were making a mistake).Then I met someone three weeks back and he wants to marry me (I like the guy but I’ m not sure if I want to marry him besides I’ m still trying to get over my x and again I think it’ s too soon, but on the other hand I don' t want to make the same mistake I made when I was 18.

Lets see what other readers hink about this, which is hardly a technical question for me. Liking is a good basis for friendship, but hardly enough for marriage. Have you thought of aranging a few session with a counsellor to sort out your thinking, here ?

Posted by: Just M | 2009-03-26

You met this new guy three weeks ago? And already he wants to marry you? No, I think its too soon.

Also, you were in a relationship for 9 years, single for about 2 months and now in a relationship again?

Tell this new guy that he should back off a bit. You don' t want to marry the rebound guy, do you? And I don' t think you made a mistake when you were 18. You were actually very wise. Just follow your heart again - you will know when the right guy &  right time comes along to get married.

Good luck!

Reply to Just M